What does an Pain Specialist Do?
A pain management specialist is a physician with special training in evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of all different types of pain. Pain is actually a wide spectrum of disorders including acute pain, chronic pain and cancer pain and sometimes a combination of these.
PSN Pain Managment Doctors Are:
- Experienced and intelligent in their specialty
- Able to educate me on how to be the best patient possible
- Compassionate, empathetic and attentive
- Understanding of the fact that I have several major health issues, and so should be willing to look at the big picture when caring for me and be open to working with my other doctors
- Understanding of the fact that my pain is real and not to be underestimated; even though I look healthy, they need to believe what I say
- Patient, sincere and willing to spend quality time with me at my appointments