What does a Lung Doctor Do?
A pulmonologist, or pulmonary disease specialist, is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary (lung) conditions and diseases. Pulmonology is classified as an internal medicine subspecialty.
PSN Pulmonologists Are Proud to Offer:
- Arterial blood gas measurements
- Brochodilator and bronchial provocation
- Cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPET)
- Exercise and rest pulse oximetry
- Lung volume testing
- Respiratory muscle pressure assessment
- Upper airway function assessment
- Voluntary ventilation assessment