Christopher Andrew, M.D., is board certified in Neurology. He specializes in Neurological Disorders and has practiced in Southwest Missouri for the past 25 years. He received his Bachelor and Master degrees in Chemistry from Northwestern University in Chicago, IL and his MD from the University of Missouri in Columbia. He completed his internship and residency at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago and is a member of the American Academy of Neurology.
Dr. Andrew has a great deal of experience in treating Dementia, MS, Parkinson’s Disease, Epilepsy and migraines and is on several regional advisory boards and speaker bureaus. He has served as Chief of Staff for Freeman Health System, Chairman of the Board of Directors for Freeman Physician Health Organization and serves as the Medical Director for Benefit Management Inc.
Physician and Surgeon: State of Missouri #100303
Physician and Surgeon: State of Kansas (inactive)
- Diplomat: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology - June 1994
- Post-Graduate - Resident: Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois; Department of Neurology; 1989-1992.
- Post-Graduate - Internship: Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois; Department of Medicine; . 1988-1989.
- Medical: University of Missouri, School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri; Doctor of Medicine; May, 1988.
- Graduate: Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois; Master of Science; Chemistry; June, 1983.
- Undergraduate: Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois; Bachelor of Arts; Chemistry; June, 1983.
- 1997-2006 - Physician Recognition Award - American Medical Association
- 1995-2008 - Best Doctors in America
- The American Academy of Neurology (Active Member)
- American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (Active Member)
- Southern Clinical Neurological Society
- 2001-present Board of Directors – Freeman Physician Health Organization
2007-2009 – Chairman, 2003-2006 – Vice Chairman
- 1999 Chief of Staff – Freeman Health System Medical Staff
- 1998 President-elect – Freeman Health System Medical Staff
- 1998 Chairman-Credentials Committee – Freeman Health System
- 1997-present Contract Committee – Freeman Physician Hospital Organization
- 1997 Secretary-Treasurer – Freeman Health System Medical Staff
- 1997 Credentials Committee – Freeman Health System
- 1997 Freeman Staff Physician Group Strategic Council
- 1996-present Chairman – Ethics Committee – Freeman Hospital
- 1993-1996 Quality Management Committee – Freeman Hospital
- 1993-1995 Ethics Committee – Freeman Hospital
- 1993-present Medical Director – Parkinson and Other Neurological Disorders
Speakers Bureau – Glaxo-Smith-Kline (regional), Astra-Zenica, Merck, Novartis (regional), Ortho-McNeil, Pfizer (national), Easai, Forest (national), Teva, Berlex, Biogen, Serono Pharmaceuticals, UCB
Regional Advisory boards – Dementia – Easai, Forest Pharmaceuticals; Multiple Sclerosis – Teva, Biogen, Pfizer; Migraine – Glaxo-Smith-Kline, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
Publications & Presentations
November 4, 1995: Lecturer – Vascular Disease Conference – Freeman Hospital – Stroke
May 13, 1993: Lecturer – Freeman Hospital Grand Rounds – Stroke in the Young Adult
1987: Topographic Electroencephalography, Neurology;
University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri.
1987: Evoked Potentials, Neurophysiology; University of
Missouri, Columbia, Missouri.
1982-1983: Bio-organic Chemistry; Northwestern University: Master of Science Thesis – Dr. Richard Silverman, Ph.D.
Dr. Christopher Andrew
Cedar County Memorial Hospital Cox Barton County Hospital and Clinics Mercy Hospital Carthage Nevada Regional Medical Center