Dr. Vernon Kent Cooper, M.D. – Board Certified Neurology provider in Branson, Missouri.
Dr. Vernon Kent Cooper, M.D., is board certified in Neurology and does adult general Neurology clinics as well as EMG testing, EEG interpretation, Vagus Nerve Stimulator monitoring for Epilepsy, and Deep Brain Stimulator monitoring for movement disorders. In addition, he also performs botox injections for headaches and spasticity problems related to several neurological conditions.
He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia and graduated Cum Laude from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine.
Dr. Cooper is a member of the American Academy of Neurology and the American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine. He is a provider for several outpatient Neurology Clinics in Southeastern Kansas, South Missouri and Central Arkansas.
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, 1995 - With re-certification in 2005
Board Certified: Missouri
Board Certified: Kansas
Board Certified: Arkansas
- Pre-Med: Univ. of Mo. – Columbia - B.A. – Biology, 1985
- Medical School: Univ. of Mo. – Columbia -Doctor of Medicine (Cum Laude), 1989
- Internship: Univ. of Texas – San Antonio -Internal Medicine, 1989-1990
- Residency: Univ. of Texas – San Antonio - Neurology, 1990-1993
Dr. V. Kent Cooper
Cedar County Memorial Hospital
Girard Medical Center
Mercy Hospital Carthage
Mercy St. Francis Hospital
Nevada Regional Medical Center
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Neuropathies including diagnosis of Carpal Tunnel and Multiple Sclerosis
- Movement disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Neuromuscular diseases
- EMG testing
- EEG interpretation
- Vagus Nerve Stimulator monitoring for Epilepsy
- Deep Brain Stimulator monitoring
- Botox injections