- This event has passed.
2016 KC Safe Opioid Prescribing Workshop
October 21, 2016 @ 3:00 am - 10:30 amFree
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
Friday, October 21st, 2016
Did you know that in Jackson County, Missouri:
- Emergency Department visits due to opioid abuse more than quadrupled from 2004 – 2013, and
- Inpatient hospitalizations doubled in the same time frame?
The Regional Opiates and Heroin Steering Committee and the Kansas City Quality Improvement Consortium invite you to the 2016 KC Safe Opioid Prescribing Workshop.
Audience: Primary Care Physicians, Behavioral Health Providers, Dentists
Topics: The Opioid Crisis, Chronic Pain & Behavioral Health Safe Opioid Prescribing in Primary Care & Dentistry Patient Assessment, Treatment, & Engagement Case Studies/Breakout Sessions
Speakers: Dr. Karl Haake, Missouri Primary Care Association Dr. Richard Lillard, Community Health Center of Central Missouri Dr. William Kane, Missouri Dental Association Rachel Mutrux, Sr. Program Director, Missouri Telehealth
Network Date: Friday, October 21, 2016
Time: 8:30 am – 3:30 pm *Registration starts at 8:00am.
Location: Kauffman Foundation Conference Center 4801 Rockhill Rd, Kansas City, MO 64110
Cost: Free *Lunch will be provided. Space is limited!
ADDRESSING THE OPIOID ABUSE EPIDEMIC IS AN URGENT PRIORITY! CALL TO ACTION
– Learn and use the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) tools on Safe Opioid Prescribing.
– Educate patients about safe opioid use and their options for pain management.
– Join us at 2016 KC Safe Opioid Prescribing Workshop on October 21st!
– Go to www.TurnTheTideRx.org to join with clinicians from across the country in a simple but powerful movement to end this epidemic.
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, is the primary Federal agency for improving health and achieving health equity through access to quality services, a skilled health workforce and innovative programs. HRSA’s programs provide health care to people who are geographically isolated, economically or medically vulnerable. [/fusion_text][/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]